HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Park - Oldbloods and Old Booze [cont]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PostSubject: Park - Oldbloods and Old Booze [cont]   Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:24 pm

The silence was not broken just yet, as Merkes made his way forward through the night. It was another minute or so before they approached a small gate leading into a public, but currently empty, park. He gave the door a quick and almighty kick. It shot open, spinning around and crashing against the fence.

"Here."

He walked on through his new entrance.

To their right, there was a collection of small structures, a children's play area, and to their left was a great expanse of field. Despite the obvious benefits of being able to lie down in the grass, he headed straight for the playground, and propped up Saayri onto the top of a slide with her wine like she was on some sort of bizarre throne. He drew his own bottle from his pocket and sat down at the bottom of the aforementioned slide.

He bit onto the cork until his teeth sunk in deep, and then wrenched it out with a satisfying 'pop'. He spat it off into the dark distance, never for him to see again. He threw his head back and let the liquid flow into his mouth, chugging a few mouthfuls of wine before putting the bottle down and swallowing.

He then looked back up at her.

"So you want to fight?..." He began. He wasn't talking to her as an equal, far from it. He was talking to her like an inferior, how a training instructor might talk to a recruit, using a tone of voice he remembers from his own training.

The trainer's fist connected with Merkes' face and the young troll recoiled backwards into the mud, blood splattering outwards from his nose.

"Get up and fight!" The dark Subjugglator commanded. The child on the floor screamed with anger and hate and got up to try and claw his way through his trainer's chest, only to be beaten to the ground once more.

"I said FIGHT!"

He blinked, and the memory vanished sharply, dropping him back in reality after a moment away.

"Do you want to fight like a soldier, or like a monster?" He quizzed, and the apparently simple question came with much more serious consequences. Was she going to hold onto the honour of the Seadwellers, maintaining dignity when purging the unworthy? Or was her honour gone? Was it just time to kill every motherfucking Prospitian shit within arm's length?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Oldblood and Old Booze   Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Saayri looked around, obviously quite taken with her makeshift throne. She took a sip from her bottle and hid a grin.

Being carried hadn't been bad after all.

She looked around again, at how the little constructions were eerie and silent and how the field was quiet, like a battlefield after a slaughter.

She was so enraptured that she had almost missed Merkes's question. A glint appeared in her eye and she nodded, trying to fit her emotion into words.

"I want to fight, I want recognition, for the old ways to return. I will fight to my very last breath but I will not turn into a savage who's lost their mind! I will be a warrior, someone who is feared and respected when out on the battlefield." She said, a growl building in her throat. Another gulp of wine finally did the trick, her head becoming a little lighter. Glancing at Merkes, she wondered how much he could take before the wine finally got to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nepetaampurra.deviantart.com
PostSubject: Re: Park - Oldbloods and Old Booze [cont]   Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:55 pm

A few seconds past, and Merkes simply stared on at her. He had made a judgement, though it was unclear whether or not it was for the better or worse. He brought the bottle to his lips again and let the drink flow, thinking about how he still missed the taste of his wicked elixir.

As he brought the bottle down he felt the tinge of light-headedness that came from mixing whiskey and whine, though his tremendous size was saving him from the effect it would have on a human.

"If you want to be a famous warrior, then that wont be hard when shit hits the motherfucking fan. Your eye is your mark, and the war wound you wear proudly. People will recognise it like people will recognise my horn. I want them to recognise the patterns of my paint, and I doubt you want people to recognise you for your eye, milady, but that's why it's so fun to kill them. They're ignorant to the motherfucking end." He explained, before taking another swig of his bottle.

"I'll meet you back at the inn sometime, organise something proper, like training. You got a weapon? Or are you gonna need one?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Park - Oldbloods and Old Booze [cont]   Mon May 20, 2013 10:05 pm

The Highblood's gaze caused Saayri to shift slightly, the Seadweller wary under the other's stare. As he took another drink of his wine, she let herself relax again, trying to seem as ready to kill as she'd made herself seem.

His jump back into explaining had Saayri mentally kick herself for not paying attention as closely as she should have been. However, she didn't regret what she'd gotten herself into. No, she was actually quite proud that luck and good fortune had finally found her. Going from a normal day at the pub to finding an ally, who had suffered through the war and honored the old ways, to planning to join the Condesce's fight on Prospit was almost.....miraculous.

During Merkes's talk about her mark, the Seadweller smiled at how people identified Merkes by his horn, as if his towering size or terror-inducing presence wasn't enough for anyone to recognize him. Although she found that humorous, she smiled more at the fact that he saw her scar as something to be worn with pride, showing that she was still alive, even after going through war and getting a wound like this.

At the Subbjugulater's question about not having a weapon, Saayri felt almost hurt. Taking a long swig from her bottle, nearly a quarter gone in one swallow, she picked her lips and then reached into her boot, pulling out a glistening dagger, nearly as long and the boot was.

"I have a weapon. The last gift of my lusus, carved from her shell. It's a blade that's strong and deadly, able to stab or slice. So much blood has been drawn because of this blade. It is the only weapon I plan to use." Saayri looked Merkes in the eyes, violet meeting purple. She dared him to insult her blade, call it weak.

She wasn't going to stand her pride being hurt anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nepetaampurra.deviantart.com
PostSubject: Re: Park - Oldbloods and Old Booze [cont]   Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:04 pm

The veteran's gaze said it all. Unimpressive, nonthreatening, a stupid choice. Though he was talking to an angel of Alternia's ocean, she deserved a better explanation than a soldier's scorn would ever bring.

He still wanted to kick himself for thinking ill of Saayri's combat experience, even if it was for only a second.

"Mi'lady..." He began, rolling silent words over his lips before committing to something that may be perceived as a slight. "Your blade, though sharp and deadly....is not a befitting weapon."

He paused again, because settling on an explanation.

"You carry a knife, milady. A knife is for the closet of quarters, for cutting rope, for torture. It is not a weapon of true warfare. When I fought on the battlefield, I carried a spiked mace. When I fought in my team, where I spent most of the war, again I carried my spiked mace. We are the highbloods of our race, we are the mightiest, and they shall know it as we charge them with weapons raised high and their motherfuckin' minds throbbing with the chucklevoodoos." He rambled, not realising he had stood up.

"You will have a weapon suited to your importance, Milady, a weapon to cleave through the unworthy masses."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content
PostSubject: Re: Park - Oldbloods and Old Booze [cont]   

Back to top Go down

Park - Oldbloods and Old Booze [cont]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1