HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Oldblood and Old Booze

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PostSubject: Oldblood and Old Booze   Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:56 pm

As his feet shuffled along one of the many sickeningly golden paths on Prospit, which was much more tolerable during the dark he thought, he let out a long agitated groan. With each footstep, his bandaged leg throbbed in time to the more recent knife wound in his back. To say that every movement was agony would be a lie, but it was like an persisting annoyance that wouldn't go away. Pain he could process fine, but these pinpricks to his senses made him want to claw his face in frustration.

Naturally alcohol was the only conceivable solution.

He was dressed in his Prospitian robes, feeling ever more disgusted with himself for wearing the flag of the enemy. His wallet was safely in his pocket, along with his keys, something he had gotten in the habit of checking every few minutes. You couldn't trust any of the lowblood scum around here.

When he staggered miserably into the inn, looking like he might thump the first person to look at him, no one cared. It was a sobering feeling, to know he'd been able to kill a state hero, and still not be recognised. To not even be feared by some of the midbloods scattered about in their disgusting little 'friendship groups'.

Oh who was he kidding, he really didn't give a fuck about his pride at the moment.

He grumbled an order at the Carapace bartender, just loud enough to be heard over the bustle of the crowd, and exchanged a handful of coins for a drink of whiskey. He's waiting for his glass when he glances around the bar, an absent minded gesture just to gauge how much he hates every last one of these disgusting people.

Then his stomach twisted into knots and he inhaled sharply as he caught a glimpse at one of the Trolls. A few moments of staring confirmed that there were actual fins on that actual Troll's face. He remained still for a few moments longer, before he was distracted by the clink of his glass being placed on the bar top behind him. He quickly swiped it and walked over, his towering form casting a shadow over her.

Then, to the amusement of some of the other patrons, he got down on one knee and bowed his head, almost hitting the table the Seadweller was sat at with his large horn.

"My lady..." Was all he said. He then remained kneeled silently, waiting for the Alternian royalty to respond.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Oldblood and Old Booze   Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:38 pm

Feeling a pounding in her skull, Saayri growled in aggravation. Her eye, or rather, her socket was bothering her again. Rubbing her temple she walked over to the small cabinet in her room and opened it, only to slam it in frustration and a rush of anger.

Empty, the cabinet was empty and she had nothing to dull down the dull throb in her skull. She growled and quickly threw on her black shirt and pants, ignoring the hideous prospitian gown that hung in her closet like some forgotten ghost.

It wasn't a very far walk to the pub, but it was grueling none the less.

Disgusting yellow, disgustingly bright colours, hurting my eyes....eye

She squinted in the too bright pub and gave a sort of growl. After taking another swing from her bottle of cheap but alright wine, she gave a slight cough as the alcohol trickled down her throat and a welcoming wave of numbness slowly ebbed over her mind.

She sighed, all the talking of the other pub-goers becoming one single mass of buzzing.

All she wanted was for the noise to stop, for the talking to all go away, for the pain to stop, for everything to be normal a-

"My lady..."

She opened her eyes and looked at the troll who kneeled in front of her. He was a large troll with an intimidating face, most likely an older one and a higher blood. His horn almost bumped into the edge of her table and she couldn't help but smirk, her fangs glinting.

She stood, and lightly placed her hand on the other troll's shoulder, signaling that he could stand again. But she didn't sit quite yet.

"You see this?" She asked, making sure her voice could be heard by everyone "This is how you treat those higher in the hemospectrum, all you young ones with no respect! You have no discipline and you need some desperately....before something really awful happens." She smiled and sat back down, done with her show.

"You, please....sit with me." She motioned to the seat next to her. "You deserve some company."

"I am Saayri Ishika."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nepetaampurra.deviantart.com
PostSubject: Re: Oldblood and Old Booze   Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:04 pm

Her announcement drew a smile from the veteran, a light, but gleeful smile, but by the time he took the offer to sit down, it was gone. The Subjugglator looked across from her, his glass of whiskey looking like a toy in his hand, looking at her sharply. His eyes were a brilliant and regal purple, but they also seemed dead. It was clear the war had taken its toll on him, as it had so many others.

"I didn't expect to see a seadweller." he said after some deliberation. His voice, now it was there to listen to properly, was deep and gravelly, and just a bit sad.

"I...I thought there weren't many left on Prospit...even before the lynchings." He finished as his voice trailed off into more of a raspy whisper. He shut his eyes, and for a moment, he was on the streets of Prospit.

There was another Subjugglator, a girl. She had been beaten horrifically, blood was pouring out of various injuries. There was a crowd of Carapaces and lowbloods. Her arms had been tied together behind her back and she was thrashing and gasping in the noose they had forced her in. He had howled and roared, the crowd had began to ran. He cut her down from the lamppost, but by that point she was cold and lifeless. Seconds too late. He had kept her skull.

His eyes opened, startled. He'd been away for just a second, he stared back at the Seadweller.

"My name is Merkes Nagesh." He said, his voice now clearly a little choked up. He offered his spare hand across the table for her to shake. "I was-" He stopped for a beat. "I AM a Subjugglator of the Mirthful Messiahs, may they damn this motherfucking rock."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Oldblood and Old Booze   Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Saayri looked at his eyes thoughtfully. They were a regal colour but glazed almost. Her eye was glazed but more tired than anything. It was a violet hue, full of power and command. She gave a short laugh, though it sounded dark rather than light-hearted.

"I've been a coward, hiding in the shelter of my own home." She drank more of her dwindling wine. "Besides, a death in the streets of the high district would have been quite messy." She paused, thinking that silence was the best way to punctuate her sentence.

She looked at him, concern briefly flashing in her face as he introduced himself. She wondered why he was choked up but didn't pry, she wasn't really that interested into what he was thinking.

When he extended his hand, she was a bit wary on taking it. His hands were huge, much larger than her own and probably able to crush things with ease.

With some slight hesitation, she took his hand. His hand was warm against hers, making her smile.

"Hello Merkes." She replied, sounding calm. He sounded really choked up, so she decided to try and be relaxed, as if to show him everything was fine. Deciding to inquire a little bit into her acquaintance's life, she look at him a bit confused.

"I'm sorry to say that I don't know what a Subjugglater is or who the Mirthful Messiahs are...I didn't spend much time with other trolls." She said sheepishly, realizing she could be insulting him. "I don't mean to offend, but I'm...curious." She added.
Back to top Go down
PostSubject: Re: Oldblood and Old Booze   Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:04 pm

Merkes went from looking sad to wary. He leaned back in his seat, which creaked under the huge Troll's weight, and sipped some of his drink. What sort of Seadweller hadn't heard of the Subjugglators? He seemed to take a while to process what Saayri said before putting down his drink. He pondered grabbing her by the horns and smashing her head into the table as hard as he could. He then remembered how viciously the war had ripped apart their culture, and decided to let her ignorance slide.

"We are the faithful." He said, as if somehow that give a lovely run down of the entire topic. Fortunately he didn't stop there.

"Her Imperious Condescension cannot rule the land with just Seadwellers. That's where my caste came in. We are the true believers in the Mirthful Messiahs. We fashioned our own sacred elixer, and live in hedonistic glee as our Gods would demand it. The Seadwellers are chosen to rule, but we are chosen to kill." He stated, though the way finished gave an unnerving edge to his tone.

"Regardless of who our Empress wanted dead, be it lowblood, or even a Seadweller such as yourself, it is we who ended them." His small grin returned.

"You ever seen a blueblood without a lower jaw?" His grin grew larger. "I have."

He sipped his whiskey again. He wasn't attempting to be threatening to her, in fact he seemed almost jolly.

"She gargled for a little bit. It was motherfucking hilarious...." He said, before his grin slowly vanished and he was returned to the sombre expression he began with.

"The lowbloods were animals, nothing, NOTHING, to us." He started, the shout seeming to be more of a nervous tick than an intentional component of his sentence. "But the Carapaces, and the squishy hornless humans...they destroyed everything" His hissed.

He closed his eyes and took an awkwardly long deep breath, and an equally long exhale. He opened his eyes again.

"Order me." He said, almost urgent. "Order me to kill them. I'll do it. Just. Mother. Fucking. Order. Me." He snarled, enunciating his words as best as he could, his eyes seemed wild.

CRASH

He slammed a large hand on the table, and slumped into his chair, groaning. He downed the rest of the whiskey, an easy feat for someone with such a large mouth, and pinched the bridge of his nose. He said nothing more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Oldblood and Old Booze   Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:28 pm

Saayri felt herself start to get on edge. She'd been foolish enough to invite this....Subjugglator to sit with her without knowing anything about him, just because he honoured tradition. She felt a growl of frustration build inside but kept it in, not wanting this to turn into an ugly display of violence.

Her hand twitched, aching to reach for her dagger hidden in her boot. She stopped herself and listened to her guest instead.

As he told her about them, realization sparked inside her.

She'd heard of the Subjugglators before, though it had been many many sweeps. Her friends had told her stories of trolls that murdered without any mercy, how they tortured they're victims and were vicious and evil. She'd had never been more entranced before in her life by such stories.

Of course, she'd only thought them stories.

She watched him become immersed in his tale, how he laughed at past memories. She felt herself tense up at the mention of killing seadwellers but forced herself to relax. She saw his smile diminish and a somberness return.

She listened to him, heard how his voice turned hateful as he spoke of the carapaces and humans. Thoughts of the war popped up in her mind, how she had laughed at first at the slaughter but then turned into what she was truly meant to be, a sea dweller, a killer.

She heard him talking again but was lost in her thoughts until the crash broke her out of her trance.

Her head snapped up and she jumped, then looked at him. He was slumped in his chair, not attacking anyone.

"We all carry scars from the war, and the ones who remember what they lost are with you." She said, her voice sad.

She finished off the final drops of her wine and shuddered quietly.

"I got revenge for what they did to me but not revenge for our planet, not for Alternia." She growled softly. This place was filled with people who didn't know lose or suffering, they were too young to care about their old planet, the old traditions.
Back to top Go down
PostSubject: Re: Oldblood and Old Booze   Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:17 pm

Merkes mulled over her last line for a while, looking like he was trying to swallow something he couldn't work out the taste for.

"Well why haven't you?" He asked, a tint of curiosity in his voice. The old wooden seat creaked again as he leaned against it. Confusion spread across his countenance. This woman was a Seadweller, surely she should now have a trophy rack to be enviable of?

"I have been fighting in and out of the riots. These people need to learn the Highbloods still rule, and we will not be silent while they butcher my brothers and sisters." He began, with apparently no regard who would hear his threats, though it appeared no one cared.

"I will build the Dark Carnival here, and paint these...disgusting walls with the vein-drained fluids of the heretics that live here." He affirmed, as if he was simply talking about the weather.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Oldblood and Old Booze   Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:01 am

She listened quietly to him, wishing that she could join him and that by some remarkable turn of events, they take revenge and declare Prospit part of the Condesce's every growing empire.

Saayri scoffed when he was done. Could he really not see why she couldn't seek revenge. She looked at him, straight into his eyes and gave a growling low laugh.

"This. This is why I haven't seemed revenge for my planet, for our planet." She pointed at her scarred socket and placed her finger on the black ball that kept the socket from collapsing. "This is my mark of shame, this proves I'm not good enough to speak in the name of Alternia!" Her voice slowly raised until she was yelling, making some of the other patrons complain loud enough for her to hear. She exhaled raggedly, then seemed to regain some composure.

"I've killed in the riots, but only the cowards. Those who run from conflict aren't fit to live." She laughed harshly, thinking about herself, how she hid in the shadows and grabbed them, human or carapace and cut a thin deep line across their throats then holding their faces seeing the horror and life fade away.

"Dark Carnival...It sounds like the best thing to happen to this fucking rock." She snarled, her temper flaring again, causing her gills to flutter and her many earrings to clink together.
Back to top Go down
PostSubject: Re: Oldblood and Old Booze   Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:21 pm

Merkes contemplated what Saayri said again, as if the Seadweller’s words would naturally be filled with some source of hidden wisdom, regardless of what she actually said. He reached for his glass and tried to take a sip, only to be reminded that it was empty. He put the glass back down in disgust. He turned back to look at her, and quietly inhaled.

“My kin died.” He said it as a fact. “And my chest was cut open”

He trailed a finger across his chest, tracing a long hidden scar.

“War wounds and scars show pride to your people. I bled and bled, but I motherfucking crawled. My brothers and matesprit lay dead at the hands of the black devil, but I crawled on. That’s why I live to fight today. Holding back isn’t what Alternia would have wanted. The Mirthful Messiahs call for action, Saayri. They call for blood and vengenance.” He preached, sitting up again.

“There is so much more you can do.” There was a hint of pleading in his voice, clearly not wanting one of the last Seadwellers to hold back. “Don’t let them win.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Oldblood and Old Booze   Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Saayri watched him intently, seeing if her words had hit home that she was nothing, she was worthless, humiliated. His empty glass reminded her of the empty bottle she started poking with her nails.

Her eyes softened as she thought of Merkes's kin dying, slaughtered by some dersite carapace. She noticed him trailing a finger over his chest, presumably over his scar.

His preaching was interesting, motivational even. She felt herself getting feeling hopeful, powerful but not enough to get her out of her stupor. She looked back at the bottle and let her fingers run down the sides. He was right, there was more she could do but what? She looked at him then glanced around looking at all the other pub goers. They were too happy, too carefree compared to herself and the Subjugglator across from her.

Deciding that it was time for action, Saayri stood suddenly hitting her leg on the table and walked to the bar. She ordered two bottles of wine, the not too expensive stuff, and walked back the the table and handed Merkes the second bottle though she stayed standing.

"If you really think I can help, that I can do anything to answer the call for blood and vengeance, follow me. If not, enjoy the wine." She nodded then turned and walked out into the night, hoping that Merkes followed, that he gave her meaning to live again.
Back to top Go down
PostSubject: Re: Oldblood and Old Booze   Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:16 pm

The bar nattered on as if nothing had happened, as if two highbloods weren’t kindling their hatred for their very existence. Merkes himself scarcely reacted as the wine was put in his hand. The Seadweller seemed so…down. Like she had died on Alternia and her walking corpse was dragged to this horrific damnable rock. It cut him down at a rather deep level he wasn’t aware even still existed. The fact that someone mightier than he fell so far was horrifying.
He watched the smaller woman walk all the way out of the bar before he realised she had made an offer. A fellow veteran recovering from the loss…

Fuck if he was going to let her walk away. The bloodshed needed her. He got up and followed her out. He didn’t need to run; his huge stride was enough to catch up to her, his form looming over her again in the darkness.

“I can help.” He affirmed. “I will fight until this planet goes from gold to the full spectrum of the motherfucking hemospectrum.”

He looked at his bottle and then back to her.

“….what made you lose your fire?...” He cautiously queried, but he had to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Oldblood and Old Booze   Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:28 pm

Saayri felt like a weight was crushing her as she walked out the bar. What if he didn't follow her? She brushed off the thought. She had survived the war, adapted...but for what? To spend the rest of her life drinking and wallowing in sorrow?

She blinked. Was her other eye going blind or was it darker? Glancing beside her, she felt a small smile form. He had followed her.

“I can help. I will fight until this planet goes from gold to the full spectrum of the motherfucking hemospectrum.”

Those words made her feel ready to fight, ready to take on Prospit even if it was only herself and Merkes, though the next ones made her feel weak, helpless yet enraged.

She spun at him, an dark look on her face. Beneath her anger there was definite sadness.

"I was alive long before the war, and always saw the sea dwellers win no matter what the challenge was. My life was nice, happy! My lusus and I had lived an almost perfect life that would have continued if not for those putrid carapaces and their stupid war!" She snarled and took a few steps forward, her fangs barred. "I had laughed at them, at their stupidity, at their attempts to take over. I killed who ever got close to my hive and one day they were leaving..."

She felt tears welling up and blinked them away, not wanting to show weakness.

"I went swimming and then smelled blood. When I got back to my hive....it was rubble. They'd destroyed it and killed my lusus! The only thing that had been with me for my whole life! So I went to their camp...they'd moved to the cliff above my hive and killed them. Burned them, stabbed them, made them pay. Their blood was a carpet for me." A sadistic smile spread on her face. "It was beautiful...until the little runt stabbed me in the eye. Didn't flinch, but I did scream. Fucking hurt. Tore it out then stabbed the knife right between his eyes, he never even knew what hit him."

She knew that she was babbling, that she sounded almost insane but she needed to vent, she needed to tell someone what had happened. Merkes had asked and so she was answering.

"I realized I was weak....I couldn't fight them all with a wound like this. I decided to join up with other sea dwellers, to join the fight. Surprise surprise when I saw the Condesce was leading it. We fought...no...we CONQUERED! But it still wasn't enough...they still got to us, they still took us as prizes and then divided us. I was forced to this hideous planet, forced to be a good little troll."

Her voice had gone soft, sad and she finally seemed calm.

"The sea dwellers had been defeated. We had been humiliated, no longer the ones who ruled over everyone else."

She gave a sigh that sounded like an attempt to laugh.

"I guess I still can't believe it. We lost...."

Her brokenness returned and she took a long drink from her wine.

"Ta-da."
Back to top Go down
PostSubject: Re: Oldblood and Old Booze   Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:43 pm

No. Nonono. Merkes was not having this.

“We were NOT Conquered….Milady.” He practically shouted, tacking on the formality with an apparent afterthought.

“We fought tooth and claw on Alternia and we’re fighting tooth and claw here. They only win when the last one of us goes cold.” He began, fervour brewing up inside him like a flame. He licked his lips.

“Her Imperious Condescension has taken Derse.” He said, his voice betraying his excitement. “And she is coming to Prospit to finish the job. Alternia was dirt, our back against the wall, but now we can have two new planets, drenched in the blood of our hated. The Messiahs will rejoice at what is happening here!”

He ran his tongue under his top row of teeth.

“There were 5 others with me in the war. We were called the Terror Troupe. We ritually scarred our emblem onto flesh…” He said, before inhaling lowly.

“We were motherfucking monsters when the Carapace scum invaded, though the same could be said for any of my Subjugglator kin. We fought almost constantly. Psychological warfare. I was new to the unit, but our boss, we called him the Ringleader, he was a motherfucking expert. We had to make ‘em so scared they considered fighting worse than whatever punishment they’d get for running or refusing.” He began to explain, though he paused for a moment, and his eyes began to look unfocused, like they were staring ahead at something Saayri was forbidden to take part in. He embraced his hallucination, and what sounded like a small horn being squeezed echoed from his throat.

“You’d do the usual shit, shit we’ve practised on lowbloods for sweeps. Kill a patrol that’s out at the same time every day. Makes people fucking scared to take that shift, if that particular part of the schedule is doomed to death, you get me? Don’t matter if they think its ghosts or us, it still works. Then you take trophies, cut off their shells, hands, tongues, that crap. Makes us look like hunters, not soldiers, and that scares people too used to fighting on the same set of terms.” He paused again so he could chuckle.

“And, and, if you get a prisoner or few, even better. Cut out their tongues, eyes and lop off their limbs, but then bandage them up so they’ll live. Leave them in a patrol’s path. Fate worse than death, though they motherfucking deserve it, but their friends get shit scared. You end up like that you either get mercy killed by your own guys, or you get stuck like that for fucking ever.” Merkes now began to roar with laughter, his eyes still dazed, it was highly doubtful he even remembered who he was talking to, but the laughing trailed off eventually, becoming sad and forced before he began talking again.

“Then they sent the black devil, or he just came I dunno. We had killed and killed, but it took one heathen alien with a sword to end us… We were in the dirt, wearing ghillie suits, best motherfucking thing ever, I swear to the Mirthful Messiahs, and he just kinda walked up behind us like a motherfucking wraith and starting stabbing into us. Like a fat blueblood with a fork.” He still looked miles away, but he was beginning to look scared. His mouth opened slightly and his eyes widened, still he kept walking.

“By the time I rolled over we might as well have been dead. He swiped once as I scrambled to get out of the way, it…it took off my horn.” He said before bringing his hand to the base of his damaged horn. “Like…Like he didn’t fucking care enough to aim. So he slashed again.” He began to look visibly hurt, as if he just experienced the pain inflicted once more. He moved his hand from his head to his chest, over the scar he outlined to Saayri previously.

“Then he walked away. We were nothing to him, you understand?” He turned to look at her. “We were nothing but pests.” Horror was fixed on his countenance, as he relived the moment when he realised he wasn’t invincible and everything he knew was lost.

“I had to crawl, through mud and dirt, leaving a smearing trail of blood, until I found Greenblood soldiers. They dragged me back to Troll territory. I spent the rest of the war in a tent being looked after…. I wasn’t able to keep fighting, I should’ve been there in the last days of the war, or when the Mother Grub perished….” He finished. It was a few more moments until he realised Saayri even existed, and he actually looked at her with some recognition.

“This is why I fight. The war has yet to finish.”

He paused again, it was rare he actually considered the consequences of something he was going to do, but it was rarer still that he didn’t go through with it. He put his still closed wine bottle in his pocket where it half poked out in a comical fashion, and then scooped up Saayri in his huge arms.

“Seadwellers don’t have to motherfucking walk. Also you’re slow.” He explained, as if the Subjugglators were known for explaining their erratic actions at the best of times. His stride picked up as his long legs didn't have to keep in time with Saayri anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Oldblood and Old Booze   Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:10 am

As soon as Merkes started his story, Saayri regretted her thinking. She had only cared about herself, which was understandable but thinking that she had the worst experience was idiotic.

She looked at her companion cautiously, unsure about how he would take it if he caught her looking at him. His eyes were dim and unfocused, looking past her rather than at her. A sigh escaped her. He was in a memory at the moment, a very sad one.

She reached out her hand, to touch his shoulder but hesitated and pulled it back slowly. She felt like she needed to bring him out of his stupor, but at the same time felt she needed to listen to his story, to his memories. His memories slowly came to an end and she nodded slightly towards him, a ghostly reassuring smile on her face.

Saayri was ready to fight, ready to take this planet in the name of her fellow sea dweller and for all the trolls who were worthy.

Before she could say anything pledging her effort in the fight, she was scooped up with an undignified little squeak of surprise. She was about to protest when Merkes gave a short gruff explanation.

“Seadwellers don’t have to motherfucking walk. Also you’re slow.”

She gave him a glowering look, but stayed silent. Of course she was slow on land, she was built for swimming. She did however, appreciate that he was carrying her. She gave a smirk as he started walking faster than they had been.

"Thank you. For sharing your story and for letting me join the fight for the trolls." She managed to say after a moment of silence. She paused, then asked, "Where are we going?"
Back to top Go down
PostSubject: Re: Oldblood and Old Booze   Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:24 pm

The silence was not broken just yet, as Merkes made his way forward through the night. It was another minute or so before they approached a small gate leading into a public, but currently empty, park. He gave the door a quick and almighty kick. It shot open, spinning around and crashing against the fence.

"Here."

He walked on through his new entrance.

http://skaianwars.forumnord.com/t185-park-oldbloods-and-old-booze-cont#1734
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content
PostSubject: Re: Oldblood and Old Booze   

Back to top Go down

Oldblood and Old Booze

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1