HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Merkes Nagesh - The Veteran

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PostSubject: Merkes Nagesh - The Veteran   Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:02 am

Name: Merkes Nagesh

Race: Troll - Purple Blood

Kingdom: Prospit

Psychological traits: A complete mess. His place on the hemospectrum leaves him naturally prone to violence and extreme emotions. However his time in the war has left its mark on him with specifically the death of the team of Subjugglators he was apart of, 'The Terror Troupe', and the annihilation of Alternia affected him greatly. Survivor's guilt plagued him after the massacre of the troupe at the hands of Jack Noir left him continuously asking himself why the Mirthful Messiahs allowed him to live, as indeed surviving from his wounds was nothing short of a miracle to him, and post-traumatic stress disorder, something which affected a number of the trolls after the devastation unleashed on their planet, began to grip him. He began to become unstable his extreme emotions, sometimes being numb, other times being so on edge as to hide in his home, waiting for attackers that never come. Flashbacks and hallucinations also became common place. Usually they were of his Subjugglator 'unit', either recalling how quickly they were slaughtered, or imagining them, as corpses, berating him, or just staring at him. He was never sure which was worse.

As he committed to fighting in the riots across Prospit he was able to breath some purpose back into himself, as revenge, anger and hatred began to be motivation for a new campaign of terrorism, using it as fuel for the patriotism, religious fever and sadistic glee he had in the war.

Physical description: As a full grown Subjugglator, Merkes is tall, at a staggering 7 feet and bulked with muscle, complete with enlarged hands. Under his shirt he hides a horrific gash across his chest where Jack attacked him with a sword, something that still hurts occasionally. He also has a freakishly long tongue. He most notably has variations on what he wears. During his civilian life he wore the standard golden Prospit attire expected of him by the Prospitian public with no face paint on. He's also kept his hair short-ish, so as to not let it be easy to grab during combat.

However once he began to fight again, he donned his old combat boots, worn during his time in the war, with thick black trousers tucked into them. He also wears a matching black T-shirt with combat webbing over the top, camo patterned for Alternia's environment. This is also the outfit he will use face paint on, with stars as 'eyeholes', with a tear drop on each in tribute to the Terror Troupe. He also wears grim jewellery, namely a necklace of teeth, each from the deceased members of the Terror Troupe, also in tribute, and bracelets of fingers bones from various Carapace officers he killed.

His horns are long and curve straight up, though his left horn is missing the tip after his encounter with Jack.

Background: Merkes had what you would probably consider a normal childhood for a Subjugglator. He excelled at the trials presented to him as a child in the brooding cavern, and was selected by a Sea Slug Lusus. This never particularly bothered him, as he rarely saw any Seadwellers, so anyone who mocked him promptly was killed with a giggle and smile.

He'd later learn about his Subjugglator heritage at a young age from the older Purple bloods who expected such things from him. He converted quickly, fanatically following the teachings of the Mirthful Messiahs.

His life only picked up noticeably during the invasion of Alternia, where an older Subjugglator began to organise a group he called 'The Terror Troupe'. It was a small ad hoc group of other Subjugglators who began a campaign of psychological warfare and terrorism on the opposing army. They set up IEDs, they burned down Carapace camps during the night, with the sleeping invaders still inside, and they kidnapped enemy soldiers, only for the invaders to find the bodies later mutilated and tortured in a variety of ways.

The Troupe began to make an impact and the Subjugglators, even ones not apart of the unit, began to instil fear into the Carapace army with their very presence. Much to their delight as they felt like they were actually striking back at them.

Then came Jack Noir.

The Troupe was hiding in ambush, lying in the mud using mock ghillie suits as they waited for an enemy convoy to move by, only for the Archagent to casually appear behind them. He drew his sword, giving no regard to hiding his presence. The Terror Troupe rolled onto their backs, and Jack began to stab and slash the shocked Trolls. It took about 3 seconds for the deed and the Carapace left, rather annoyed that his own soldiers couldn't have done that themselves.
But Merkes wasn't dead. He was bleeding and he was feeling woozy, but he was still alive. The world began to blur as he attempted to crawl out of the pit the bodies were lying in and make his way back to friendly forces. Apparently he did, and he spent the rest of the war in some primitive hospital, unable to mentally process what had happened.

When the ceasefire was called, the planet bombed, and the Trolls rounded up, Merkes made his way to the sight of the massacre, before ripping a tooth out of each of their lifeless heads.
Due to being an adult, he wasn't assigned a Carapace guardian on Prospit, and due to what appeared to be crippling mental trauma from the war, he was deemed harmless. His various trophies and war memorabilia were left in his possession and he was given benefits to keep himself alive.

Then began the riots. They trolls began to rise up against the people who burned their home, and forced them to live the way their invaders demanded. He put on his paint for the first time in sweeps, he took his old trusty mace, and he walked straight outside. The first Carapace's head popped like a grape as the weapon swung down onto it. Her friend died after she was knocked to the floor and a combat boot crushed her neck.

The Carapaces were going to know what it felt like when people came into their homes, and killed their children, and burned their civilisation to the ground. The Condesce was going to arrive on Prospit soon, and Merkes wanted to welcome her with a big banner painted in blood, and the Monarchy's heads on pikes.

Remember Alternia.

OOC: Hey! It's Feferi again, so you can find any relevant detail about me on that character sheet. <3 I'm trying to do something that contrasts my bubbly and optimistic Feferi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Merkes Nagesh - The Veteran   Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:19 pm

Oh my god Prospit is starting to be really interesting to be around!! So you'll be the responsible for the murders we'll hear about! I'll have to watch out for you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cosplay-is-good.deviantart.com
PostSubject: Re: Merkes Nagesh - The Veteran   Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:13 pm

About time we got a veteran.

I enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GCat
Admin
PostSubject: Re: Merkes Nagesh - The Veteran   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:39 am

Character sheet accepted!

PostSubject: Re: Merkes Nagesh - The Veteran   Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:14 am

Sweet <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PostSubject: Re: Merkes Nagesh - The Veteran   Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:44 pm

Your writing style will always be delicious. I love it, I like this character a lot and I can't wait to see what this veteran has in stores for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://robotrainbows.tumblr.com/
PostSubject: Re: Merkes Nagesh - The Veteran   Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:13 pm

What a fun contrast to see to the bubbly Feferi we are usually privy to! Not that I mind Feferi (you know I love Feffles~! <3) but having someone so scarred and unstable is really going to be so interesting in such a different way!

Seriously though, what a compelling character. I love how you really make the reader sympathize with him, despite the fact he isn't obviously one of the "good guys", so to speak. It was nice to see the view of a troll who really had Alternia ripped away from him and how mad and embittered he'd be about it.

Seconding Sollux, your writing is delicious~! We're gonna have so much fun on Prospit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content
PostSubject: Re: Merkes Nagesh - The Veteran   

Back to top Go down

Merkes Nagesh - The Veteran

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1